Top Web Desing Trends for 2014-2015

Top Web Design Trends for 2014 – 2015. These are the web design trends to think about to keep your site fresh. Learn more and see how your site stacks-up.

Comments

Front end developer hub says:

Great thinking appreciated go ahead ………

Thomas Kleven says:

I do agree with you to some degree in respect to Responsive design.
Everyone that I’ve talked with is wanting responsive design work. Correct
me if I’m wrong but its not the pixels but the native resolution that is of
upmost importance when designing for devices, therefore you could have a
billion pixels, but if the standard native resolution for that device is
set to 720px and you set the device to it’s native 1 to 1 ratio then it
gives you more options for your layout. This for me is a pain at times when
i’m working with a team that is stuck on pixel perfection, instead of
designing for the more organic nature of responsive design. I think that
might be the main reason for the trend of metro grids starting to make an
influence on modern design.

Personally, I think the trend of flat design began to save money on the
cost of the Design Dept. If you think about it, and I’m not a Graphic
Designer, most decent Designers can make a flat design look great, but,
and I might be digging a little deep here, most designers can’t make a
button look as flashy as the one that you had in the video.I personally
like both, flat and fancy but offer a more simplistic approach because it’s
within my abilities as a designer.

Thank you so much for the video, are you maybe thinking of making one for
the tech side of what’s trending such as WP vs Joomla vs Drupal, DBases vs
in page solutions ??

Michelle May says:

The “scoop” font looks the same as the “hot fudge sauce” font. Four fonts
total.

Feyan Pulmano says:

Very good video dude. Helped me a lot in finding webtrends 2014-2015. Hope
you get tons of views!

Sander de Wijs says:

Nice and helpfull video!

Vlasterx says:

Most of said is quite ok, but I don’t agree with you on responsive design
topic. Resolution may be higher on mobile devices than on some monitors,
but one more aspect is that pixel density is very different and this is the
key.

Standard, most used desktop pixel density is 72 ppi. On mobile phones it’s
usually more than 200ppi, on average around 300. When you see that some
high end phone has a screen with 1080p resolution and a desktop monitor of
the same resolution, that mobile phone has, because of it’s screen density,
4-6 times smaller work/display space than that monitor.

Responsive design is extremely important and will be even more in the
future since we have increasing trend of using mobile devices for accessing
Internet.

All best and keep up the good work.